Next morning I went to the information office in Halls Gap and Martin went to the petrol station with smoothie. After we found our useful ones in the mountain of information brochures, we started our tour in the thick of the Grampians. We have been fascinated by the small streets in this highland area, which weave thru the whole australian scrubland. The view from one of these many view points was breathtaking. After these first impressions we went on to the next viewpoint. On this way we found a nice bank - this one had to be captured on film :)
Together with all the japanese tourist we went to the second viewpoint called "the balconies" and enjoyed the nature and the red paths thru the silence to the full. The next point on our list was also the highlight of our whole trip thru the Grampians and took most of the time - the McKenzie falls. A huge waterfall in middle of the australian scrubland. Martin took many pictures of this gorgeous place on earth - I don't really know the technical details, but Martin can tell you if you want to know ;) I just know that you got such effects with long exposure ...
We spend plenty of time at this waterfall before we went back to the parking area for having dinner. Then it happened - the noodle disaster.
During Martin stood in the back of the campervan making noodles assiduously and agitating the fried onions for the tomato sauce I wanted to show him some pictures of Hong Kong (don't worry I couldn't and you missed nothing...). But I had to connect the laptop with the current, because the Martins battery was very low after some years of using it. Martin said I just have to connect it with the cigarette lighter in the front (he had a very useful adapter) and I just have to turn around the key. I soared up on the passenger seat and did what had to be done - I turned around the key... Well, that was enough! It lolloped, juddered and twitched, Martin screamed, I was all of a dither and trembled and turned around the key again in full panic - it lolloped and juddered again until smoothie finally jerked to a stop three meters far from the first position. Well I forgot something... Martin always uses the first speed when parking somewhere but I always use the hand brake. That's why the kitchen run away while Martin was cooking and I turned around the key. Oh dear that was a very confusing talk after all - somewhere between laughing, crying and trembling we embosomed each other and were glad having a complete not broken kitchen. Of course the table legs were broken but anything else was fine. The only thing we just realised after the first shock were the noodles lying everywhere on the ground. That was our very strange evening in the Grampians. We had to cook the noodles again and had to look how the bird tried to kill themselves while eating the noodles.
More funny stories will follow - promised!
No comments:
Post a Comment