Saturday, January 14, 2012

Welcome to Australia!

On 17th december it was time - my flight to Melbourne and to Martin started early in the morning. The rising sun in my face and with tired eyes I got in the plane at 7:30 am. After around 3 hours flight and a two-hour-Stop in Kuala Lumpur at one of the most uninteresting airports, the next 7 hours flight to Australia started.
At midnight I landed in Melbourne on time and hoped to have a wunderful reunion with Martin. A confused an very tired Martin welcomed me. I was a bit confused, but I thought, that it was because of the time. First he proudly showed me his van, which seemed to be a bit smashed - that was one of the reasons Martin was in a bad mood. On the way to the airport the roof rack broke because of big hole, wherefor the entire wheight of the back part of the roof rack weighed heavily on the roof of the van. Therefore Martin had to go slowly and carefully so that everything not came down (could he know, that everything kept strong) and he couldn't stop quickly enough at a red light without having the risk that everything from the roof fell down on the street. That's why he got a ticket and I could understand his bad mood at the airport.
It was more funny being in the Hostel where Martin presented me the rooms and we went in the bathroom and directly into bed. On my way to bed I had to discover that my hand desinfection gel in my backpack was bursted and therefore some of my things were covered with gel. I wanted to clean it and asked Martin for a tissue or something else to dry it. Within his answer "Take the yellow towel over there, it has many holes." he fell asleep lying in the bed on top of the blanket. After cleaning my stuff I really wanted to cuddle under the blanket because for me it was chilly (Martin thought different that's why he opened the window before sleeping), but I had to discover that I just got the blanket when I would push Martin away - that's what I did and Martin didn't show any reaction.
Next morning Martin, who woke up later than me what is really untypical, asked me, if he even said good night. I just smiled - "You didn't say anything."
WELCOME  TO AUSTRALIA!

The describtion for the "blustery" welcome of the previos day followed the same morning, because Martin told me that he had worked for the last three days on the van to finish it - that meens he had no sleep for around 70 hours. I was shocked! The result of this hell work can really be shown and I want to put my whole proudness into words that he did that all completely on his own and with simple tools. But I don't really know if the whole rough going was worth it. Be that as it may I feel very flattered and have to say that you can really enjoy driving and living in such a "hotel on wheels". Meny pictures you can find attached in Martins blog or the german version of mine.

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment